cis people aren’t allowed to edit my papers anymore
"WHAAATT? I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY WORK??? IN MY OWN PAPER??? WHAT THE FUUUCK??"
It’s not my job to educate you, teacher.
I’m betting one hundred bucks that this is a comment about a really badly written essay and not someone being actively transphobic.
well, you’re about to owe me one hundred bucks.
- this is not the first time i mentioned privilege in the paper. or cisgender. this paper was written on my personal experiences with being trans, and the difficulties i’ve faced because of it, and the difficulties that cisgender people with otherwise comparable lives have not faced.
- the terms privilege and cisgender had both been thoroughly elaborated on in this paper.
- this paper was written for a women’s studies class, on gender analysis, in which both privilege and cisgender privilege in particular had been explained, elaborated upon, and discussed by the professor.
- the comment was not by the professor, it was by a cis classmate during a peer review.
- the words cisgender and privilege are both in scare quotes (in case you can’t google that or don’t know what it means or want to deny their existence, scare quotes is when you put a word or phrase in quotation marks to make it seem less real — the textual version of sarcastically making air quotes with your fingers)
- another edit, by the same editor, involved asking me what my birth name was. i’m sure you don’t need to be told that that’s transphobic.
- i spoke to the professor about this edit, and he agreed with me that the comment (and the way it was phrased) was out of line. in fact, he thought it was so out of line that he led a workshop for the class on how not to be disrespectful assholes to trans people (say, by asking for their birth name, or telling them they’re wrong or oversensitive about transphobia).
- i got a 99% on the essay — WITHOUT changing anything the edit asked for.
- the professor liked my essay so much that he asked to keep it as an EXAMPLE for future classes
bonus: if your reaction to seeing gross transphobic things is “well it’s probably the trans person’s fault”, then you’re gross and transphobic and i hope you don’t know any trans people IRL for their sake
[ wear ]
Disney Princesses + their boyfriends in distress
you missed one…
Turns out Agent Romanoff isn’t comfortable with everything (x).
I don’t know shit about photography, but the person who took this shot must be given the highest award of them all.
this is breathtaking
Netflix came to germany two days ago, but the selection of movies and shows is rather poor
(On shaving her head for Mockingjay Part 1) I had kind of reconciled myself to it by the time it I sat in the trailer and they got the razor out. [The cut] opens you up to exploring more kind of punky, funky looks on the red carpet or at events. But I was actually quite surprised at Comic-Con—there’s a lot of lopsidedness going on. Girls are doing the lopsided thing, very tight…down one side so it almost looks like they’re shaved. That seems to be en vogue and I seem to be ahead of the curve. I don’t know if the Katniss Everdeen thing is catching on as well, but a lot of girls are wearing plaits to one side. - Natalie Dormer
I was gonna be with you forever.
Traveling in the TARDIS.
The Doctor Donna.
I need this
yo this would be amazing for people with anxiety! It’s like a calming glitter jar, but you can keep it on you, on your phone. If you feel panic set it just watch it for a little while.
On the contrary, my dear anonymous, I can be whatever you want me to be. ;)
Or even a lamp:
oh yes, especially a lamp.
WHY DO YOU LIVE IN MY ROOM
WHAT IS GOING ON
It would have been nice if you told me before you started living on my bookshelf.
OH MY GOD
I think you’re confused. All your life you used fear to control people. Like your friends Mai and Ty Lee.
Because it doesn’t matter if Bucky’s been brainwashed for 70 years and doesn’t remember his own name - saving Steve is hard-wired into his DNA
how I wear art is none of your business
"The difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos is that people with tattoos don’t give a shit if you don’t have any."
yes. yes. YES.
I’m not the only one who thought this right?
"I just wish your grandfather were here to see this."